It feels like a while since we have been on the blog… (a week to be exact) and it’s thanks to wifi at home being unavailable 😦 But we are up and running again! YAY!
To celebrate and mark the significance of TODAY: March 31 – we will be honouring the Eiffel Tower which officially opened 126 years ago (back in 1889).
And here are 5 random facts to go with our photos of the Eiffel Tower.
Did you know…
- It took 2 years to build the Eiffel Tower?
- The Eiffel Tower acted as a radio antennae in the early 1900s?
- It was originally described as a “monstrous eyesore”?
- The Eiffel Tower is covered in 60 tons of paint, which needs to be touched up every 7 years?
- It attracts almost 7 million visitors a year?
A beautiful Parisian icon or an eyesore?
Have you been and what did you think?
Leave us a comment.