As December 25 is fast approaching and kids have made their Christmas wish lists for Santa, we’ve been writing up a list of our own.
Our own wish list but one might liken this list to a bucket list which is something we’ve never had! Things like sky-diving and bungee jumping and white water rafting have been done by one wise monkey already and to be honest, the other has no interest or even an adrenaline drop in her body. But because our list only contains travel stuff, it might be more appropriate to call it a ‘travel wish list’!
Should a genie ever come out, here is what we have, for NOW, on our travel wish list (or “official travel bucket list”) that can run alongside our unofficial bucket list and our retrospective bucket list.
These are not listed in any particular order or priority:
Visit Carcassonne & Mont St Michel
3) See the Egyptian Pyramids and Sphinx
4) Go on an African safari and see the big FIVE
5) Visit the Disney theme parks around the round: LA,
Orlando, Paris, Japan, Hong Kong
6) See the House of Green Gables on Prince Edward Island
7) Photograph penguins in Antarctica
8) See Iguazu Falls, Niagara Falls, Victoria Falls
Witness the Northern Lights
10) Have a white Christmas
11) Experience 24 hours of sunlight
12) Float on the Dead Sea
13) Welcome a new year with celebrating NYE in NYC
14) Chase a solar and a lunar eclipse somewhere
15) Get to at least base camp of Mt Everest
16) Hot-air ballooning at the Albuquerque Ballon Fiesta
17) Road trip across America
18) Attend the Naadam Festival in Mongolia
19) Visit Christmas markets around Europe
20) Go in search of bears in Canada or Alaska
21) See gorillas in the jungle
22) Go husky-sledding in Scandinavia
23) See polar bears in the North Pole
24) Visit Russia (
at least Moscow & St Petersburg)
25) Hike/trek in the Patagonia
26) Volunteer overseas
27) Visit Santa’s village in Lapland
a FIFA World Cup
b) an Olympics
c) a Wimbledon match
d) a Premier League game in England
e) one game of each of these in the USA: NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL
f) an Ashes game in England
29) Ice-skate in an open-air rink on a wintery evening overseas
30) Self-drive around Iceland
This list is by no means exhaustive and will be forever evolving! Now, we will need to think of what we want on our non-travel bucket list.
Here’s to hoping that we wake up one day & a genie materialises while we’re polishing that lamp! Maybe on Christmas day?
Have you done any of the items on our travel wish list?
Please do share a link to your “experience” so we can desire it even more 🙂
We LOVE this time of year because we LOVE Christmas! It’s 2 weeks from Christmas and our tree is now up – yes it is an artificial one 😉
As we added the different ornaments, we began reminiscing about our travels because some of our decoration are our “souvenirs” from our travels. It was only back in 2009, while we are at the Empire State Building did we think it would be a good tradition to start.
And since then, we have added several more to our tree. It’s not always easy to find Christmas ornaments, as it can depend not only the time of year but also the place you visit. But these are not the only things we pick up as our souvenirs 🙂
Our families are in Sydney so Christmas is great because we get to spend time with both sides – minor downside is that its always hot! Maybe one day, we get to experience a true white Christmas somewhere…
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
HOPE next year brings you all lots of joy and travels 🙂
Thanks to GlobalMouse @ GlobalMouseTravels for inspiring this post during our twitter conversation.